Do you want to get stunning hair? Put your trust in the power of natural oils
Hair’s state of health mirrors its looks. The more weakened strands condition is, the more visible it’s to notice. If you want to enjoy thick, long and shiny hair, you have to take care of it appropriately. Contrary to popular belief, proper hair care isn’t an easy task.
Each hair type requires various kinds of care that, of course, match hair needs. The method that has been gaining the trust of women recently is Oil Hair Treatment. Is it really that effective? How does it work in particular?
You’re going to find the answers to these questions below.
WHAT’S OIL HAIR TREATMENT?
Oil Hair Treatment is a popular hair care method originating from the Asian beautifying rituals. It depends on improving both health and looks of hair by coating it or massaging natural vegetable oils into the scalp.
The remarkable action of Oil Hair Treatment has been known for ages and is consistently used by women living in India and Saudi Arabia, for example. Just look at the long, shiny, thick and strong hair of these women. This beautiful looks of hair is mainly owned to the precise hair care and protection delivered thanks to the natural oils. Traditional and natural methods have become popular again. For that reason, it’s worth knowing a few things about them, indeed.
Is Oil Hair Treatment Suitable Only for Dehydrated Hair?
Since hair oils are able to moisturise, nourish and regenerate strands then this probably means that such products are recommended to treat damaged hair only. This isn’t true! Oil Hair Treatment is a very universal method which can be applied to any hair type, beginning from completely healthy strands to these maximally damaged. The outcomes of the treatment depend on the oil applied.
Different oils affect hair in various ways!
Heat protection and regeneration are delivered by Argan Oil. Oil extracted from Siberian Pine (Cedar Oil) will regulate the level of sebum production of the scalp, so it’ll prevent dandruff, for example. Castor Oil is the perfect oil to accelerate hair growth and make the hair shiny again. Natural UV filter that serves all hair types is delivered by Marula Oil or Passion Fruit Oil, which are able to penetrate hair and the scalp fast. In order to protect hair against water loss, it’s recommended to treat strands with coconut oil, especially in the regions located near the equator.
Which Hair Oil Would Be the Most Suitable One?
There are as many possibilities as the number of natural oils.
1. Non-Drying Oils the composition of which is dominated by saturated fatty acids (stearic, palmitic, lauric, behenic, myristic) can be used to protect and maintain low porosity hair in good condition.
2. Semi-Drying Oils the composition of which is dominated by mono-saturated fatty acids (omega-7 and omega-9) helps with improving condition and taking care of problematic and weakened hair belonging to the medium porosity hair group.
3. Drying Oils the composition of which is dominated by poly-saturated fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6) that are the remedy for very damaged hair that is dehydrated; belonging to high porosity hair type.
Is Oil Hair Treatment Difficult to Perform?
It has to be stated clearly, there is no other that easy method for taking care of hair than Oil Hair Treatment. In order to perform the treatment, no special skills are required. Moreover, you don’t even have to follow a fixed scenario, because the worst thing that might happen is washing hair twice. Moreover, Oil Hair Treatment doesn’t carry any risk as it’s typical for a hair conditioner that, for example, irritates when getting into eyes. It’s worth pointing out that since it’s safe to apply natural oils even when being pregnant and breastfeeding, it means that this product won’t trigger any adverse reactions.
What Are the Methods of Oil Hair Treatment?
There are two the most commonly used methods of improving hair condition which give comparable results and are most definitely preferred by the majority.
- Oil Hair Treatment applied to Dry Hair – it depends on putting the oil on dry hair. This can be done in two ways so you can choose between applying the oil before hair washing so as to help it deliver deep action, or after washing to provide protection and shine.
- Oil Hair Treatment applied to Wet Hair – it depends on putting the oil to damp hair. And again, this method has two variations alike. The oil can be applied before shampooing to deliver intensive regeneration, or before styling to ease setting a hairdo.
There are two alternative methods of Oil Hair Treatment that require a little bit more preparations. In this case, taking the oil and applying it to the hair isn’t enough. These are the treatments targeting individual hair needs.
- Oil Hair Treatment in a Bowl – add a few drops of your favourite oils to a bowl of lukewarm water. Then, put your hair into the bowl and let it sit there for some period. This method facilitates the oils covering each millimetre of hair since the water makes it easier for the natural substances to penetrate deep into hair and deliver all the precious elements deep into all strands’ layers.
- Oil Hair Treatment in a Spray – add a teaspoon of your favourite natural oils either to water or herbal distillates. Pour the mixture into a bottle with atomiser. Now you can spray your strands with your homemade hair mist. You can do it before styling, washing or even anytime throughout a day to, for example, add shine to hair and increases combability.